![]() |
| The beautiful fountains at Branson Landing |
Our first stop on Wednesday morning was Billy Gail's at Branson Mill (on Gretna Road). I've been wanting to go to Billy Gail's for years, but hubby didn't want to, and I couldn't find a good deal. Until this year, that is. The son thought he could eat the Ultimate Breakfast Combo (2 eggs, 2 strips of bacon, ham, sausage patty, and the famous 14" pancake). He did not succeed. I got the Meat Lover's Omelette, which I couldn't finish. Hubby got the Biscuits and Gravy combo. I helped the son with the 14" pancake. The food was good, although next time I'll order a smaller breakfast. Our server's name was Sofia, and she had a lovely accent. We asked her about it, and she had us guess what it was. I said "Romanian," and she said I was close - she was actually Russian. We had an OzarksDeals.com voucher, but it is no longer available.
We went back to the condo for a little while until it was time to leave to visit Truth Traveler. We went to one of TT's sister attractions, the Ark Encounter in Tennessee, last fall. Truth Traveler is located in the old Andy Williams Moon River Theater. The building, both inside and out, has been totally remodeled. The only things left from Andy's time were half of the theater's seating area and Andy's fish in the ponds outside the museum, where there was a machine to buy fish food, like at the Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery. It is very handicap accessible, unlike before. We checked in at the counter, and the first stop was to take a 3D photo that could be used as an avatar. I opened an account, but never received our avatars. The next step was an introductory video introducing Truth Traveler, featuring a cute robot, a professor, and his granddaughter. The next stop was one of the 5 pods, where we sat in comfy seats and put on virtual reality goggles. We watched a 5D movie starring our cute robot and the scientist, and it went through the Bible from creation to the Ascension. The seats moved at various points, and when we were in the Garden of Eden, I thought I smelled flowers. After the movie was done, we went back to the main level. We went to the gift shop, where I bought a t-shirt and our usual refrigerator magnet. We went to the snack bar to pick up concessions before watching a movie called "Fear Not" about Mary and the birth of Jesus. We had an OzarksDeals.com voucher for Truth Traveler, but it is no longer available.After we were done at Truth Traveler, we went to The Grand Village shopping center, where my husband bought a large-print word search book at the Fig Tree Books and More bookstore. We looked around at Kringle's Christmas Store, but my husband was getting tired, so we went back to the condo to eat lunch and rest before our evening activity. I drove out to Shepherd of the Hills to pick up our tickets for that evening.
Our evening show was Buffalo Bob's Wild West Showdown at the Shepherd of the Hills complex. If you enjoy shows and books about the Wild West, you will enjoy this show. From the Shepherd of the Hills website:
Shepherd’s Wild West Showdown is a 90-minute outdoor western arena show at Shepherd of the Hills in Branson, Missouri. Combining authentic western skills with theatrical storytelling, the production features talented riders, beautiful horses, daring stunts, family-friendly comedy, and a heartwarming romance that captures the adventurous spirit of the Old West.
We arrived at Shepherd of the Hills at 6:30 PM to secure a good parking spot. The trams didn't start taking guests to the outdoor theater until 7 PM, so we went to Sammy Lane's Sweets and Treats. The husband and son got ice cream, and I got a caramel milkshake. It was all yummy. The theater has a concession stand and bathrooms.
The three of us enjoyed this show from beginning to end. The performers were so talented. I really enjoyed the horseback riders and the guy with the lasso and whip (not at the same time, thankfully). The snake oil salesmen were hilarious. We used an OzarksDeals.com voucher for this show (get it here), and it is still available as of this writing. Here are some photos I took:










No comments:
Post a Comment