Saturday, April 14, 2012

Of a certain age

The rock band The Who once performed a song called “My Generation” which included the line, “Hope I die before I get old.”  Well, I haven’t died yet, but I did get old.  Since hubby and I are both over the age of 50, we qualify for AARP and with that membership, we get lots of discounts.  But did you know you can get discounts in Branson with your AARP card?  I thought I would do a little research and find out just what kinds of discounts you can get with your AARP card in Branson.  Click on the bolded name of the hotel/attraction/restaurant for details.  Here is what I found:

Branson Auto Museum - $2.00 off adult admission (Note: the Branson Auto Museum is still rebuilding after the tornado and won't be open until later this summer.  Click here for details.)
Denny’s – 20% off from 4-9 PM and $1.00 coffee anytime
Myer Hotels – 10% off room rate for Best Western; $10.00/night for Comfort Inn; Holiday Inn, senior discount. 
Wyndham Hotels (Baymont Inn, Days Inn, Microtel, Knights Inn, Howard Johnson, Ramada, Super 8, Travelodge, and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts) - up to 20% off room rate

Besides those listed here, I found other hotels that gave a senior discount for those over 62 years of age or those with an AARP card.  If you make your reservation directly with the hotel, you should ask if they have a senior discount. 

At the AARP web site in  the Travel section, there is an AARP/Expedia Travel Center box to plug your travel dates into.  The rates are usually the same as those on the regular Expedia web site, but if you subscribe to AARP Travel emails, occasionally you will receive an email with a code for a certain dollar amount off or a percentage off your total purchase. 

Growing old has its benefits, I suppose. If you know of any places in Branson where you can get an AARP discount that I haven’t listed, please comment below and let me know. It will come in handy when we visit Branson this summer!  Until next time -

Happy travels!

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment