Saturday, July 16, 2011

Getting it all together

You have your lodging booked, your shows selected, and your activities planned.  It’s the day before you leave on vacation to Branson and it’s time to pack.  Here’s some pointers and suggestions.

I keep an organizer, which is a letter sized redrope wallet with with labeled file folders to keep loose items in.  It keeps all my important information in one place. The redrope wallet (8 1/2" X 11" size) fits neatly under the front passenger seat of the car. Here’s a photo of what mine looks like.   



You can’t see the file folder labels in that photo, so here’s another one with just the file folder labels.


I have 7 different file folders in the wallet.  They are labeled as follows:  Hotel Confirmation, Show Vouchers, Attraction Coupons, Breakfast Coupons, Lunch Coupons, Dinner Coupons, and Maps.  The Branson Vacation Guide book from the Branson Chamber of Commerce fits nicely behind the folders. This is a really nice guide to have - it has phone and web site listings in the back for almost all of the shows and most of the hotels and resorts in the Branson area.  It also lists other services such as shopping, outdoor recreation, radio stations, etc. 

As soon as I receive the e-mail confirming my lodging reservation, I print it and put it in the folder.  I also put my show vouchers in the folder. When I make reservations for shows, I write the confirmation number and the seat location (if they give it to me) on the envelope with the voucher in it.   I save my fast food coupons and put them in the appropriate folder.  This saves time and money. 

I keep a map of Missouri in the Maps folder.  From where we live, we don’t need directions to get to Branson, but it’s nice to be able to see what city is next on the highway, where the next rest stop is, etc.  You can pick up a Missouri map at any interstate rest stop, but if you would like a Missouri map before you leave on your trip, you can order one here.  When you check in, your lodging place will usually give you a map of Branson with the time saver routes on it. If you would like one before your trip, you can print one off here

We keep all our medications in a plastic box with a lid.  We also bring along Tylenol, ibuprofen, Band-Aids, Tums, Neosporin, and sinus medicine in our medication box.  I also keep a tweezers, a nail clipper, and a nail file in the medication box.  We keep this box in the back seat behind the driver’s seat in case someone gets a headache or needs a Band-Aid.  If you forget something, don’t worry – there is a Walgreens on Hwy. 165.  There are also Walmarts and a Target store. Make sure before you leave that you have enough prescription medicine to last for your whole trip. 

We have a large duffel bag that we put all of our toiletry items in like shampoo, body wash, curling iron, blow dryer, toothbrushes and toothpaste, etc.  Most hotel rooms in Branson have blow dryers in their bathrooms, but I like to bring my blow dryer because it’s bigger and dries my hair faster. 

We put all our packed suitcases, our medicine box, and our toiletry bag next to the front door the night before we leave.  We pack up the cooler that morning.  When it’s time to go, it’s easy to grab everything and load up the car.


I hope this post was helpful to you.  See you again soon!  Until then -


Happy travels!


Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment